Anelecia Hannah is a good friend who is classically trained and can speak about color in a way I have never heard before.
The futuristic, digital landscapes of Simon Stålenhag.
I met Charles Ritchie a few years ago. More recently, Sophia and I went to visit him at the National Gallery in DC. He's an amazingly nice man and I can't get enough of his work. I have spent hours on his website.
The embroidery and paintings of Cayce Zavaglia inspire me to be a more intentional artist.
- This episode, "Numbers Stations", of 99 Percent Invisible is a rebroadcast of David Goren's piece Atencion! Seis Siete Tres Siete Cero: The Mystery of the Shortwave Numbers Stations.
- Hillel has an excellent exploration of computer science.
- Bjørn Karmann's Objectifier is a useful example of machine learning.
- The Scared is Scared is the source of many quotes my fiancée and I use as inside jokes. It's incredibly clever filmmaking and endlessly charming.
- Where Do Ideas Come From? puts forth many hypotheses as answers to the question - some contradictory - as a way of exploring a space in the mind as mysterious as the moment we drop off to sleep
- This interview with Linus Torvalds.
- kottke.org is a wellspring of hypertext products dating back to 1998.
- ubu.com is a repository of the weird and avant-garde.
There is a load of material on philosophy in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Scientific and mathematical papers on Cornell's arXiv.org (the X is the greek letter Chi so the website is called "archive").
- 3Blue1Brown makes amazing visual displays and explanations of math concepts.
- Enjoy some practical applications of the scientific method with CaptainDisillusion.
- ColdFusion has interesting and in-depth ideas about the interaction of technology and society.
- Bill the engineerguy will introduce new ways of looking at the common products around you.
- Essential Craftsman is currently documenting the construction of a house for the purpose of education.
- I have watched hours of film and social analysis by Every Frame a Painting, Folding Ideas, Hepyrian, Jack's Movie Reviews, kaptainkristian, Lessons from the Screenplay, Musica Universalis, Now You See It, Pop Culture Detective, The Royal Ocean Film Society, Viewfinder, Will Schoder, and YourMovieSucksDOTorg.